Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Happy 4th of July






Today the kids are coming to Monrovia and we are taking them out and then we will take them to lunch. We took them for a walk by ourselves in Paynesville yesterday. Yes, we did get quite a few looks. We then decided to walk toward the ocean, away from the busy street. I said to Abegail have you ever been out this way before? And she said yes to go to church. I said church, where do you go to church. So we walked to the church where all the kids go to worship every Sunday. It is a nice small town church about a 5-10 minute walk from the AFAA house. Here are a few photos from yesterday.
Here's who everyone is-
1. Abegail and Tarry
2. Junior - I got him to smile!
3. Kids Sing
4. Kids Sing
5. Ishamel writes home

3 comments:

Nancy said...

I couldn't recognize any of the kids in the group pictures, but Ishamel's face jumped out at me - what a sensitive and trusting looking face and smile he has. And I was glad to see Junior smiling! You have talked about the contrasts in Liberia between for example the poverty you see everywhere, and the facilities at the American emgassy, and I can't help but see the contrast between every day life for the Liberians, and the hope and happiness that is generated by the pictures you have sent of the kids in the AFFA house. God bless AFFA and all of the people who are trying to give these kids hope for the future, but we must never forget what got them there in the first place.

Nancy said...

"The Love is Liberty is what brought us here" is Liberia's motto, and now these kids are coming back to the US.
Let's all work hard to make sure they really and truly find it here. Happy Fourth of July to all the Richardsons and all the kids in the AFAA house as well.

Georgette Gray said...

Sue:
I am so glad you and your husband made it to Liberia and back. I know Liberia is poor. I know the kids are suffering, and I know people out there just can't afford to give their kids the things they want to give. I am just grateful that you have given two more kids and opportunity to lead a normal life. I pray that many others would follow your steps. I pray God’s blessings on your family.

I am still hoping that all turns out well for baby Emmanuel in Liberia. We are very close, thanks for your help.