Saturday, September 15, 2007

E.R.

So it just occurred to us TODAY that Emmanuel's initials are ER. We thankfully have not had to visit the ER yet but I thought we might on Wednesday when Eman was stung by a bee. Apparently he is very allergic. His hand where he got stunk swelled up to an elephant man's hand, he had a rash all over his body, and he was warm. Scott took him to the pharmacy to get Benadryl and the pharmacist says, "you don't need to worry unless he has trouble breathing." He was completely fine the next day. But I have never seen a kid itch so much.
We are in house working mode. We ripped up our carpet in the living room which got more stains and dirt these past eight weeks than it had in 6 years and Scott is as we speak laying down wood floors. Abegail and a friend took on a project of their own today. We found this book shelf on the street and we are going to use it to store toys in A&E's room. Abegail picked out the paint color herself (from the basement) and she and Kathryn painted all themselves. Great job Girls.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The subtle things that can happen to these kids that we do not know anything about - bee sting who would have thought! Good to know for the future. Valerie