Friday, September 7, 2007

More Shots, More Parasites, More Paperwork

Check this out. This is one of our AFAA moms who adopted from Ethiopia. Now she's on a book tour! Her website with an awesome slide show is http://www.thereisnomewithoutyou.com/



These are my three nephews on their first day of school. Are they cute or what???? The oldest is Owen (2nd grade) then Cameron (Kindergarten) and Chase who was extremely upset he could not go to school too. They live in Falls Church, VA.
As for us, we had our 2nd round of shots yesterday. The kids cried and screamed at the top of their lungs!! The entire building heard them. Abegail cried, "you're hurting me, you're hurting me." We get to do it again in two months. UGH. The parasites like their homes and while Eman was getting better, he is now back to where he was before. So we will re-treat him. Abegail of course, tested positive for Giardia and is on the yucky medicine. Eman is pretty good about the medicine. "Mommy I take my medicine, I am a good boy." The medicine is incredibly bitter!

Abegail LOVES school. "Mommy, I get chocolate milk. I love it." She is having a lot of fun, but I think she will look forward to sleeping in this weekend.

Aunt Nancy arrived yesterday. HELP IS HERE! Yahoo. I don't know if she knew she was coming to work, but she quickly found out last night when I said, can you do this, can you do that, can you potty train Annie?
We have started the process to get the kids readopted in Minnesota. MORE PAPERWORK, it never ends. Also have to have a 3 month follow up report from our social worker to Liberia by Oct. 10th. The first year we have to file follow up reports at 3,6,9, and 12 months and then every year until their 18th birthday. Could there be anymore paperwork??? Oh, and six pictures of each kid!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sue,

Sorry to hear Eman is back to where he was. You were so excited last weekend that it seemed better. Thanks or the heads up on the shots. Akins goes back on 10/2 for his second round - great! The paperwork - blah I am so sick of it! Valerie

Andries said...

Sue,
We only have to do post-placement reports at 3, 6, & 12 months (plus yearly til 18 yrs). Are the requirments different for Liberia and Ethiopia? Just thought I'd mention it in case there's a possibility you can skip one!
Beth

Anonymous said...

I just want to say thanks to you and Scott for choosing to adopt from Liberia. I'm a Liberian myself and know the conditions in my country and watching the WCCO news yesterday morning and hearing about the adoption from Liberia brought tears to my eyes and a smile that refuses to go away yesterday, because now these kids will have a better and brighter future and I'll pray for God's blessing, support and direction for your family.

TRY.