Friday, October 24, 2008

Picture of Papa


A family from St. Michael, Minnesota just brought their son home from Liberia and we sent along a photo album for A&E's Papa. Abegail said to me, "why does he just get to see pictures of me and I don't get to see any of him?" How quickly we forget, there is no camera! So I asked if Bob saw Alexander (by chance) snap a photo. Word travels quick in Liberia and we got our pictures which made Abegail very happy! The cross he is wearing is one Abegail picked out at the Mall of America. Contact with a birth family is a controversial thing and whether or not to pursue it is different for every family, but we are happy to see Alexander alive and well. It's been a year since we've seen a photo of him.
BIG PLANS:
Abegail: Mommy next year for Halloween, can I be a cheerleader?
Annie: I'm going to be the tooth fairy next year!
Emmanuel: And I'm going to be a car, a jeep. Yes, Mommy I'm going to be a jeep.

1 comment:

Shelby and Lori said...

Love catching up. Your blog is always so informative.