Monday, May 25, 2009

Julie's Race and Constant Chaos





I've been a busy blogger lately. It seems like everyday there is something at least partially blogworthy. The standard for being blogworthy is graded on a curve, see the end of this post and you will be saying well there's 30 seconds of my life I'll never get back. We spent part of the weekend in Stillwater, MN and watched my friend, Julie run the Stillwater Marathon. Julie helped me train for the Twin Cities Marathon and without her I would not have made it to the starting line. So we went up to Stillwater Saturday enjoyed a holiday BBQ and swimming in a lake and then went to the race Sunday. In between cheering stops we went to a very cool park called Teddy Bear Park. It is all fenced in and different than the traditional park with lots of things to climb on slide down and pose in front of. The kids then got to run the last quarter mile with Julie and steal the drinks and chips supposedly only for the runners.This is what happens when I attempt to get on the computer. First the kids begged me for this pool. I told them they could buy it with their own money which they did. Then they ran to our neighbor, Dudley (who is about to be a Grandpa, but one of the kids favorite playmates) to blow it up. Oh, by the way Dudley can you help me with...I always have the man list ready just in case he comes by. Then they decide they didn't want cold water so they attempted to use the laundry basket to put hot water in it by filling it up in the bathtub, taking it down the hall through the dining room and kitchen and finally outside. At that point there was no more water in the laundry basket because as most of you know laundry baskets are made with holes on the side. I'm back upstairs and I hear a heavy sweeping across the floor. I'm thinking they wouldn't bring that pool in the house would they? Abegail at least has to be smarter than that. I arrive and see the following picture above. Uh, guys do you think the four of you are going to be able to lift the pool out of the tub and drag it back down the hall through the dining room, kitchen, out the door and down the steps with WATER in it??? What are you doing?? "We are making a hot tub," says Abegail. Why don't you just take a bath?? Really this is not all that unusual a situation in our house especially since Daddy has been gone. Meanwhile E-man is freaking out because if anyone takes a bath in more than an inch of water he cries they are wasting water. This is not because he cares about the Earth. It is simply because he has strange fears that I can't figure out. If I say, "I'm going to take a shower." He says, "OK Mommy, but don't waste the water..." And now its more like three minutes of your life you won't get back...oh listen, more screaming, I wonder what they got into now...........

6 comments:

The Googeg's said...

Oh, Sue, welcome to my life! I must say a "few" times a day -- "What were you thinking?" to which my husband ALWAYS says: "They weren't." We need a new script.

I am glad you are a busy blogger - it is always fun to read.

DEB

David B-A said...

Crafty little buggers aren't they? Max and E-Man should form a club. I'm sure they could both teach Green Peace a thing or two. The other day I had the water shut off on me in the middle of washing my face - I won't even go into his rules for when you are allowed to flush. Long story short, you are not alone. :-)

Love,

Ang

Nancy said...

What a riot. I don't want those three minutes back; it was time well spent. What were they thinking? And where was Eman's sense of water conservation when he participated in the laundry basket episode? When I was a little girl, my friend Fran and I were playing restaurant, using lots of my mother's dishes. When we were done, we put them all in the washing machine because we didn't have a dishwasher. The reason I remember this after so many. many years, is that my mother never let me forget it! So now you've got something to hang over their heads forever, and you'll all still be laughing about this in about fifty years, I hope! Bet it wasn't quite so faunny at the time.
Love,
Nancy

Bob, Carie, Taylor, Opie and Friday said...

This was a great post! It made me laugh!! Gotta love those "What!?" moments with the kids ;)

Anonymous said...

We never tire of reading your blog! It's always fun or educational, but most of all, it keeps us in touch. We keep thinking you'll be so far away, but this will help keep us close as it always has. Grandma R.

Pam K said...

Too Funny!!