Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Saylah Swings By

Remember this little girl??? 4 years old at the AFAA house.
She now looks like this. Saylah and her family, who live in Plattsburgh, NY, came to see us last night on their way to a family reunion in Southwestern Minnesota. I was sure she wouldn't remember me, but she seemed to remember the kids (it didn't take long to remember E-man)and when I tried to jog her memory doing a little ring around the rosie, she seemed to react. She now is taller than E-man and has no accent. She does have those energetic, occasionally speaking in a voice that can be heard in Mexico when you are in Minnesota, Liberian traits, so I knew it was her!


We'll take more photos and show you her three siblings and parents when they swing back through on Memorial day.

2 comments:

Valerie said...

This really made me smile! Saylah was a little sweetie really wiggling her way in for love, she spent a lot of time on my and my mom's laps! She looks so healthy and beautful it brings tears to my eyes!

Anonymous said...

Saylah was the one that I wanted to bring home with me. So loveable and so desperate for love in return. I kept telling Valerie that if she had wanted a girl instead of a boy that Saylah was the one. I am so happy for her. See what good food and lots of love do for the children. Akins has grown like that too!