Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Cake Time Again


Tomorrow is Annie's 5th Birthday. It seems like just yesterday she was screaming her way all the way home from the hospital and then I hit her head trying to put her in the crib and made her finger bleed when I tried to cut her nails. We are headed to a water park for a special treat and then home for Mermaid Cake!
E-man made his own version of a cake and enjoyed getting it all over himself
The Neighborhood Pool
Here are a few photos at our neighborhood pool. It's been a great way to meet people. Moms have just come up to me and said, "we hear you're new to the area." They all seem welcoming and quick to introduce us to their kids. Hopefully Abegail can meet a few classmate before school begins.
Playing with the doll babies in the baby pool
Quotes From Annie:
A: Mommy, Thank you for the best cake ever!
M: We have got to raise your standards.
(She also often says, "Mommy, thank you for the awesome dinner." Maybe hitting her head on the crib wasn't such a bad thing)

4 comments:

Sharon said...

I wish I had a crib! I usually get groans when I answer the dreaded "What's for dinner" question. Annie's cake is really cute!

gretchen said...

Your cake skills are amazing-I agree with Annie. Happy Birthday Annie!

Bob, Carie, Taylor, Opie and Friday said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANNIE! The cake is adorable!!

David B-A said...

Happy Birthday Annie! I think E-Man has a future on that Ace of Cakes show. Yours was good too Sue. :-) Have a great 4th of July in our Nation's Capitol. Say "hey" to the President for us.

Love,

The B-As