Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Neighborhood Trails

We have these great trails in our neighborhood just 1/2 block from our house. It is one of my favorite things about where we live. There is a 4.5 mile loop you can run or hike. From our house it's just a 1/2 mile hike to the playground and park with a mini beach and boats to rent. Swimming isn't allowed, you wouldn't want to swim here. But it is a beautiful area. I have already seen several deer. One day I was so close to a family of deer, I was afraid of being attacked and was saying, "nice deer, deer, nice deer." to which my sister said, "Deer don't attack." Yea, you didn't see the antlers on the Dad or the look in his eye.
We're off to Oklahoma for 10 days on Friday. Scott will hold down the fort and work while we spend some time with Grandma Charlene and Grandpa Arthur. I personally am looking forward to my long awaited meeting with cousin Eli. Then we'll head to Tulsa for a MUAA reunion. (Mothers Undertaking/Understanding African Adoptions).
Quotes from Annie:
Mommy: Do you think you're cute?
Annie: Yea.
Mommy: How do you know that?
Annie: Cause I'm smart.
Mommy: What does it mean to be cute?
Annie: To be a pickle
Note to self: Self-esteem building with Annie is going well.

5 comments:

Andries said...

Sounds like a lovely area. Have a safe and fun trip to OK!
Beth

Bob, Carie, Taylor, Opie and Friday said...

Sounds beautiful!! Good thing that deer was nice huh? The reunion sounds wonderful too, have a great time! Any other AFAA families going?

jenava said...

I wish we had some trails and a beach by our house.... That can't be as good as Cub Foods and Shanti Town!LOL Good that is SOOO perfect for u guys!

jenava said...

Oh P.S deer do attack!

Pam K said...

Love Annie's comments that she's cute, smart and a pickle. So true (as I've heard you say you're my little pickle or something)! Looking forward to seeing you soon.