Monday, July 6, 2009

Two Years Already!

It took us two years from start to finish to bring Abegail and Emmanuel home. Now in the blink of an eye, I am in the middle of my two year post placement report. I get to do them myself now since we reached the two year mark. Time flies doesn't it?

The one thing about totally uprooting your life is time seems to slow down a bit. We marked the milestones, we've been here a week, two weeks. Now life is full speed ahead with July already here and August not far away.

We had a nice Fourth of July in my hometown, Rochester, NY. I was able to run a 5K with my Dad, something I haven't done in a long time. Then we saw the fireworks.

Before heading north, we spent the day in DC with some old friends (they aren't old, we've just known them a while) and did more of the touristy things. Today I saw them again and we went to the Newseum. It's my favorite thing in DC so far..

3 comments:

Janie & Chris said...

I imagine the Newseum is cool! You're seeing it all-- such a fun summer for the kids. Never a dull moment...

Janie said...

Time is racing-- glad you're enjoying every minute.

Bob, Carie, Taylor, Opie and Friday said...

2 years, wow!!! It seems to take forever to get the kids home but once they are home time flies! Fun weekend, you sure are keeping busy :-)