Thursday, September 10, 2009

2nd Day and Ballet


Abegail helps Annie change to tap shoes

By all accounts the second day of school went well. Both Annie and Abegail are making new friends, although Annie is having trouble remembering the name of her new friend and is right now just known as "my new friend." Everybody seems to like their teachers so far.
Annie had her first ballet and tap class last night and loved it.

Things I never thought I'd hear myself say:

E-man, please stop playing with the holy water.
Get down from the Holy Mary statue!
E-man, why are you trying to put a tree branch into the car??
E-man, please stop doing flips on the couch.
E-man please stop climbing up the wall.
E-man please don't water the plants with dish soap...oh OK...please don't clean the cement slab with dish soap..oh never mind, go ahead...I grade on a curve, OK now you are using the dish soap to wash my car...uh ..ok, thanks for your help?
E-man please don't use the picture frame as a step ladder.
E-man for the last time you can not see your stomach through your belly button.

I've heard kids' behavior gets worse at home when they start school because they are on their best behavior at school. I can only hope that is somewhat true for E-man right now, so far I have not heard of any teacher injuries.

A great blog:
One of my fellow reporter friends (who used to intern for me!) is taking three months to spend in Uganda to work for a nonprofit there and help some of the women in the country. She is documenting her experience at http://katerenner.blogspot.com

4 comments:

Kate Renner said...

Sue, Thanks for the shout-out! I feel honored to be considered "a fellow reporter," to me I will always be a lowly intern. Thanks for reading and for your feedback!

Bob, Carie, Taylor, Opie and Friday said...

Thanks for sharing this blog, I took a quick look and now I will hooked like I am to yours in no time ;)

Boys, it's boys! I have to tell Opie over and over we don't jump all over the couch too...and that our dog doesn't want 6,987 hugs a day ;)

Have a great weekend!

Maya, Mieko and Hana's Mom said...

E-man is hilarious. Keep sharing the stories. We miss you guys.

Anonymous said...

Annie, Glad you have ballet and tap. It looks so fun and you look great. Grandma R.