Monday, September 14, 2009

Grandpa Chuck's Half Marathon

We headed to Rochester this weekend. My Dad and I ran the Rochester Half Marathon. My Dad joined a special training group and trained for this for weeks. My training consisted of eating a lot of carbs. My Dad did awesome and even seemed to get stronger as the race progressed. He finished in 2:27:24. There was also a full marathon. The leader of that race finished the same time we did. You can imagine the cheers and the television cameras all around us. Wow, we are awesome and so is the guy who did the half marathon twice.
Not to be outdone by Grandpa Chuck, Grandma Marian participated in a mile walk on Saturday for a group called Heritage Christian who serves people with disabilities. The entire family got in on the action that day, but the kids particularly enjoyed the bouncy houses and using their balloons as swords.

2 comments:

gretchen said...

Is that a velcro wall? so fun. Congratulations to you and your dad--I am super impressed with a half marathon at whatever time. :)

Bob, Carie, Taylor, Opie and Friday said...

CONGRATS to you both! That is an awesome time WAHOO!!!!