Saturday, April 3, 2010

Let Me Say This....

I've been living in the world of politicians and Republican or Democrat there are three things they all say,
1. Let me say this, 2. First, let me say, 3. Let me be clear.

I also have the press release lingo down, POTUS: President of the U.S. FLOTHUS: First Lady of the U.S. VPOUS, Vice President of the U.S. SPOTH: Speaker of the House.

I think Washington, DC would be a comedian's paradise. Look at just one small incident I witnessed walking to my car.
A man holding up a sign with Nancy Pelosi's face on it, complaining she had stolen jobs from American citizens, shouting at the top of his lungs in front of dozens of capitol police. But what struck me was this guy claiming Nancy Pelosi had ruined his life while he walked around in grey sweatpants with yellow boxer shorts outside of them with a huge smiley face on the butt and a Christmas tree on his head. Not putting the blame on anyone I thought, "hmmm...you're the one with your underwear outside your pants, I think Nancy Pelosi is not your biggest issue."

I could go on all day like this, how people walk around with their nose in their blackberry's. Half the time I want to text them that the light has changed and they can walk now. They have a no cell phone rule while driving in DC, they need a no talking and walking rule.
The other problem now is we are in tourist season which means lots of people who have no idea where they are driving, walking, or parking. Again, not putting blame on anyone since I used to be one of these people, but it is highly entertaining when you do know where you are going.
APRIL FOOLS
We had another successful April Fools day. Abegail has always been the biggest practical joker so Scott and I try to get her every year. We did have this year's stunt planned for several weeks.
First let's review: Year One: The nurse called to say Abegail would have to get more shots. Year Two: Mr. Suzuki bought our house and we are moving immediately.
This year we told her Scott had gotten an opportunity of a lifetime and while she would finally get her own room, this opportunity happened to be in Boise, ID. Unfortunately, my parents had just arrived for Easter weekend when we called this family meeting and we almost shortened my mother's life drastically until Abegail finally caught on (at the point when I said I had arranged a job with the Belo station in Idaho, she figured it out...guess me moving with a job is hard to believe) and yelled, APRIL FOOLS!
SPRING SOCCER
Annie had her first soccer practice last night. When I picked her up I asked her how she liked it, "It was awesome!" "Can I have a soccer cake for my birthday?" So glad we are off to a good start. Wonder if a real game will change this outlook?

Quotes from Annie:
Annie was helping me unpack the groceries, handing me the eggs.
Annie: Oh no Mommy, this one hatched!
Quotes from E-man:
E: Mommy, why did God make me with one eye open and one eye closed?
Yes, the latest eye surgery appears to have been unsuccessful.Happy Easter!

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Happy Easter again to all of you, especially those of you I didn't actually speak with yesterday or Saturday, though as Chuck said, I managed to cover a fair representation. Sounds like you were all having a great Easter weekend. I loved your most recent post, especially the 'politicospeak' comments, politicians in general, and texting somebody that it was time to walk! But the comment from Annie about the hatched egg was the best. And I loved the pictures.
Miss you,
Nancy

Doodle's Diary said...

I love your posts! Funny stuff!