Tuesday, June 15, 2010

VA Beach Weekend

Our first weekend in a long time with no soccer games, so we headed to Virginia Beach, about three hours south of us. We really lucked out on fabulous weather and had a great time. Now back to the soccer games, Abegail's All-Star tournament is this weekend followed by a tournament for E-man next weekend.
We are in a cartwheel phase. I actually now have a rule, no random cartwheels, not in the house, not in the supermarket, not in the parking lot.
Eman saw these bikes you can pedal as a family and drive and he asked us every five minutes if we could ride it. Scott and I had no desire, but on our way out of town we agreed. It was an hour rental, we made it 25 minutes and steered into every bush, cripple, and stroller on the boardwalk. We were also passed by ever cripple and stroller on the boardwalk.
School ends next Thursday already! Today is the one year anniversary of us leaving Minneapolis and coming to DC. The days are long but the years are very short!

4 comments:

The Googeg's said...

Love Virginia Beach -- how fun. "Days are long, years are short." Oh my goodness! No truer words have been spoken.

gretchen said...

I can't believe they are still in school. We just got out Friday and I thought it was late. I guess you probably had time added for snow days. :)

I am really glad you all got some time away!

Johnson Five said...

What a fun day!! It looks perfect! And oh I can picture that bike ride, our family would probably have the same story ha!

Valerie said...

Looks like a blast!