Thursday, September 5, 2013

School Days


I just got off the phone with Eman.
E: "Mommy, 4th grade is not that easy.  We had to write all day and my hand really hurts.  At the end of the day you don't want to do anything."
Annie was excited for about a month to go to school.  "We get to be upstairs now!"
Abegail is off to what they call secondary school here.  It's grades 7-12.  Yes, very overwhelming.  And for the first time she had her own locker.  Getting the combination is a problem, but friends can't help because they can't open their lockers either.  Her friend Katrina (pictured above) asked her, Abby, come help me!  She said, "I got my own problems over here." 
When we went to orientation and I showed her how to do it she said, "Can I just leave it open for the year?"
There is a woman walking around with a master key to the lockers who says, "We ain't got time for this."
During their orientation the kids were told not to give their combos to anyone but they are all asking each other for help, so not sure that is working out so well.
She is hysterical talking about classmates and teachers...how she describes them.
She says she's constantly asking everyone where each classroom is.
On the first day she got up at 6 a.m. and says how long do I have to get up this early?
When I replied, "six years."  She was not happy.
Oh well, welcome to 7th grade!

5 comments:

Googeg Tribe said...

Can't believe how everyone is growing. Well you are now entering the teenage zone. It's fun! I have a houseful of them and I love it!

Hope you are all doing well.

Debbie G.

Lexie said...

You're daughter has the nicest hair what kind of moisturizing products do you use? I don't know if you have checked out Rory's website she has adopted a daughter from Africa as well and she has the best hair care tips and styles for natural hair as well as life advice and she's a sweetheart to talk to. You should definitely check out her site you two have a lot in common.

http://www.chocolatehairvanillacare.com/

John wright said...

Best Assignment help and homework help provider,over 10,000 assignments delivered.Nearly 4,000 hours of Online Tutoring serviced counting. Get Expert Help Now

John wright said...

Best Assignment help and homework help provider,over 10,000 assignments delivered.Nearly 4,000 hours of Online Tutoring serviced counting.Get Expert Help Now

Kevin Robert said...

I was very encouraged to find this site. I wanted to thank you for this special read. I definitely savored every little bit of it and I have bookmarked you to check out new stuff you post. Online Assignment help Services